To maximize sales in a congested environment, you need a product listing tool.
Why PIM for multichannel listings?
Our product content management software, another name for PIM, is designed with your multichannel listing needs in mind. Apart from it being able to manage, store, and update your data for your ecommerce platform, it enables you to:
- Store images in various sizes for your listings as it has DAM capabilities
- Easily create an automated sales feed that is compliant with the unique requirements of your chosen sales channels in a matter of minutes
- Select the products and relevant attributes you want for a specific sales channel, and our PIM system will generate the feed for you
- Make quick changes and have certain updates reflect automatically
- Automate scheduled feed updates on a frequency that works for you
We believe everyone should have a PIM—and one that offers multichannel features is a bonus! Our Channels module is where all the syndication takes place. You can easily set up product feeds for your chosen sales channel and syndicate that information to different systems such as an ERP, marketplaces, and more.
To add, you can:
1. Import product data in the desired format
Each online marketplace has its own requirements when it comes to sending product data to them. When using our Channels feature, we offer you two different formats (XML and CSV/XLSX) to import your product data into Plytix.
For an XML sheet, you can build out an XML feed without resorting to code. Plytix has an XML Channel builder that helps you set up feeds for different vendors and partners. Plus, you have a default standard layout view (based on your settings from the “Attributes” and “Products” tab) that has items pre-populated for you:
- The header
- A products node with a subnode that contains all your products and attributes
For a CSV/XLSX template, you can:
- Define the output labels of your attributes either manually or by uploading a CSV template from a third-party channel such as Amazon, Wayfair, and Home Depot to ensure you meet their platform requirements because you’ll be able to mirror any template for a given channel
- Choose your product listing format
- Attribute sorting
- Attribute fill values where you can decide which attributes you want to be added to your template
2. Add a new channel whenever the need arises
In 2020, a total of 62.5% of all global online spending was done through digital marketplaces. The retail space experienced huge growth, and while the pandemic drastically affected traditional stores, businesses like Walmart have come back stronger, giving Amazon a run for its money. As a multichannel retailer, you always need to be able to add to new channels swiftly, without any hassles.
- Go to the channel section
- Click on "Add Channel"
- Name the channel as needed and choose formatting type
- Then go to a “Channel Detail View” where you can simply add your chosen products and attributes and have a feed automated for you in a matter of minutes
3. See the status of your channels
For success in ecommerce as a whole, product information management is not a once-off thing. You need to continuously improve and maintain the quality of your product data both for your web shop and individual sales channels. T
his allows you to stay ahead of your customers’ needs and improve their customer experience when shopping for your products. But, apart from tracking your inventory for your customers and sales channel needs, it’s important to:
- Know which channels you and your team are actively working on
- What product feeds are scheduled for processing
- What channel listing/s has been paused
- What data is no longer in use
This information is vital in creating an efficient workflow internally.
Within PIM, you can see the status of your channels. For example, an “active” Channel simply means it’s available for use, and if it’s scheduled for processing that can be set to happen automatically. “Inactive” channels on the other hand won’t process nor will they have a URL that is available. This is also ideal for collaboration, as this PIM is a collaborative tool. Anyone with access can see the status of channels, helping everyone stay on the same page and ensure efficiency.
4. A simple overview of the channel’s information
One of the key purposes of a PIM system is to help your team, productively, in one tool. It keeps everyone in the loop and ensures that each team member is on the same page. Be it the sales department, with product managers, or marketers.
Using Channels, everyone can see a simple overview of the channel. This includes the date and time a channel was created, last modified, or the last time it was processed. This is a great tool because you already have a lot going on when it comes to managing listings. You don’t need to manually jot down when a feed was updated (in a place you might forget later). Instead, stay up to date and say goodbye to duplicated content and wasting resources on what’s been done already.
5. Preview feed before sending it out
As with anything, you want to preview a document before sending it off. We’ve all been there where we think we’ve added all the necessary information and updated content, only to see something you missed. It happens, you’re human. Now, you, or a new set of eyes, can preview your feed before you process it. The preview section allows you to see how your information will appear before you create the template, regardless of if it’s in a spreadsheet format or an XML file.
Once you’re happy to process the feed, all you have to do is select which products and attributes you want to be pushed through to your channels automatically.
6. Ease of navigation within channels
The purpose of multichannel listing tools is to update content for multiple listings right? Well, navigating multiple channels all at once should be standard.
With Plytix, you can move to the next channel effortlessly. This has been implemented to help you process many channels or make multiple updates across multiple channels easily. Additionally, you can delete or duplicate content where you see fit. Whether you want to stop a listing or duplicate a template, you can.
Invest in Plytix PIM for multichannel success
You don't need to spend more money on another tool when you’ve got one PIM that does many things. Our PRO package gives you access to all the features you need to succeed with multichannel commerce" a central hub for product data, a place to store digital assets, and a place to produce multichannel listing feeds, view analytics, and more. Book a demo, or get a free trial and start right away!