We're looking for someone to help us continue to refine and build our Product Information Management (PIM) platform. We need a user-focused, data-loving product manager to lead the way—organizing and managing product development from concept to release and beyond.
What is Plytix?
This is where you’d typically see a long paragraph of boring text that no one reads, peppered with corporate buzzwords that don’t mean anything. But Plytix is no typical company, so we’ll spare you from that. Instead, watch this video, and if you like what you see, keep scrolling.
What’s the opportunity?
This is your opportunity to play a pivotal role in one of the fastest-growing tech companies today. Product is the heart of Plytix, and you'll be directly involved in making strategic product decisions that will delight our customers and make a statement in the market. Learn more about our PIM platform here.
What will you be doing?
As a product manager, you'll be in charge of building and delivering solutions for our customers that help them source, optimize, and syndicate their product data using the Plytix platform. You'll be managing the lifecycle of features and the product roadmap for the PIM. This won't be a job where you are isolated behind a metaphorical wall. In order to build an effective roadmap, we expect you to collect data and feedback from many people including the engineering team, the commercial team, the executives, and even directly from our own customers.
After 1 month:
You’ll know what multichannel commerce is and how PIM plays a critical part in any multichannel commerce strategy. You will be able to map the entire Plytix organization and will have had 1:1s with amazing people across all teams in the company. You will have concluded your tour of duty in the Customer Success department and fully understand our customers and their challenges. You’ll be familiar with our product offering and how our PIM system has evolved. This will then help you understand our vision for where it is going to go.
After 3 months:
You're running point on the PIM product. You've planned and executed a few successful releases. You're analyzing user feedback, running investigations, and writing up documentation and specifications for new features and improvements. At this stage, you’re starting to get into your stride.
6 months in:
You're already seeing your plans and releases take shape inside the Plytix platform. You've gotten into the groove of the development cycle. You're coming up with exciting ideas to help grow the product and compete in the market. The features you've released are starting to get positive feedback and requests for improvement rolling in. You're feeling confident in your position and eager to tackle what the future has to bring.
Who will you be working with?
You'll be working closely with our other product managers to deliver a well-rounded and integrated PIM platform. You'll be collaborating with designers, engineers, product specialists (to shape releases), and the commercial team (to launch them). You'll also need to be comfortable speaking directly with high-level stakeholders, executives, and customers.
We expect you to:
- Have experience working in SaaS or the ecommerce industry
- Have experience with and a passion for information architecture
- Have in-depth experience with databases, CRMs, or other PIM systems
- Enjoy working with and communicating ideas in many different contexts
- Have experience leading cross-functional team projects, especially in software or ecommerce, managing competing priorities, and influencing stakeholders
- Be a creative problem solver who uses evidence-based decision making to face challenges and communicate outcomes
- Be able to collect and balance feedback from a variety of different stakeholders
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English (Spanish is a big bonus as our team is largely bilingual)
- Be organized, communicate clearly and transparently, and run projects like a well-oiled machine
- Be familiar with and comfortable with design-thinking, iterative processes, and the uncertainty that sometimes comes with it
Nice to have
- Product management experience. We value skills more than job titles; and great product managers can come from a lot of different backgrounds, from marketers and business analysts to software engineers and QAs.
- An egotistical approach to problem-solving. You're not the CEO of the product, you're its advocate.
Why work at Plytix?
🌱 Have a purpose and plenty of opportunities to grow from day one
🖥 Work from home or from our offices in the center of Malaga
💰 Competitive full-time salary
🏡 Flexible working hours and unlimited remote days
🍲 Catered, free lunches and unlimited ice cream when working from the office
🏋 More perks (differs depending on which office you belong to)
About our culture
At Plytix, we don't have boring mission statements and corporate values that no one reads. We operate from a simple guiding principle that's easy to remember:
"Don't be a jerk, don't hold back, and don't forget to have fun."