We’re on the search for a motivated and highly experienced QA Automation & Performance Lead ready to join our QA team in building and supporting our Plytix PIM. Our QA team is based in Malaga, but if you code your best from the comfort of your own home or even from a different city—the location doesn’t matter, you do!
What is Plytix?
This is where you’d typically see a long paragraph of boring text that no one reads, peppered with corporate buzzwords that don’t mean anything. But Plytix is no typical company, so we’ll spare you that. Instead, watch this video, and if you like what you see, keep scrolling.
What’s the opportunity?
This is your chance to play a part in building a leading multichannel platform, working with diverse talent and innovative technology. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of an ever-expanding scale-up with your ideas and coding experience.
What will you be doing?
A day in the life of a Plytix Quality Assurance Engineer is an exciting one. You’ll be collaborating on compelling challenges like taking an active role in Automation and Performance Testing designs. Your days will be filled with making sure that the platform is scalable and robust. You’ll need to ensure code is implemented, following the latest design patterns and best practices to accomplish functional and non-functional benchmarks. You’ll have scrum ceremonies to stay on the same page as your fellow developers and QA, from retrospective meetings to sprint planning. All in all, you’ll be a busy bee. But don’t worry, there’s always time to crack open a beer and have fun!
After 1 month:
You’ll have a good understanding of our favorite tools and processes. You’ll be involved in QA activities while learning about the testing process throughout the development life cycle. You’ll begin reviewing the status of test automation and help define non-functional requirements on our platform.
After 3 months:
Now you’re becoming a true Plytix QA, guiding the automation strategy. You're planning the Load and Performance testing strategy and working more independently. You still have some supervision, but at this point, you are comfortable with what you are doing. You are participating in sprints and beginning to integrate well into the team workflow.
6 months in:
You’re an important team player. You work as well (and as fast) as any other team member! You’re collaborating with other departments to find the best possible solutions so that our system is the best on the market. You’re developing and creating functional and non-functional automatic tests with high-quality code and quick execution. By now you are confident in your role, reviewing and code-approving other quality engineers (always following our standards, of course!).
Who will you be working with?
You'll be working closely with our other Quality Engineers to deliver software with high-quality standards. You'll be collaborating with developers, product specialists (they’ll help you define functional and non-functional requirements releases), and the tech team.
If you’re curious about what it's like working at our office, take a peek into what Plytix has to offer (you know you want to 😉).
We expect you to:
- Understand functional and non-functional specifications according to customer needs
- Have a strong knowledge of automation frameworks for UI and API
- Implement best practices for QA Automation—including refactoring of large existing test suite
- Have experience in testing APIs (frontend and backend)
- Be an expert in handling QA automation projects from scratch
- Perform analyses, research, and interpretation of business requirements to document technical requirements and develop technical specifications
- Develop and maintain API and performance management scripts for business applications.
- Maintain performance environment site availability
- Install and configure API and performance tools in order to analyze and troubleshoot systems issues
- Communicate and/or collaborate with the functional/technical team members to coordinate testing efforts in support of one or more applications/systems
Nice to have
- REST Assured API experience and Postman Tool knowledge
- Performance Testing tool knowledge such as JMeter, Gatling or similar
- A good working knowledge of CI/CD practices
Why work at Plytix?
🌱 Have a purpose and plenty of opportunities to grow from day one
🖥 Work from home or from our offices in the center of Malaga
💰 Competitive full-time salary
🏡 Flexible working hours and unlimited remote days
🍲 Catered, free lunches and unlimited ice cream when working from the office
🏋 More perks (differs depending on which office you belong to)
🎂Don’t work on your birthday—enjoy an extra day of paid time off
About our culture
At Plytix, we don't have boring mission statements and corporate values that no one reads.
We operate from a simple guiding principle that's easy to remember:
"Don't be a jerk, don't hold back, and don't forget to have fun."