So, you’ve finally decided to take the plunge and start selling online (it’s about time!). Or you’ve decided to migrate your ecommerce store to Magento 2. Whatever the reason, you can’t go wrong with Magento, now known as Adobe Commerce. It’s the largest open-source ecommerce platform and ideal for brands looking for a scalable solution that is user-friendly, easy to integrate with third-party apps, responsive, and offers multiple deployment choices.
But, as great as it is, it isn’t a superhero platform that can miraculously send your data to it. What you need is a PIM tool to format your data and meet the requirements of the platform.
What are Magento’s product requirements?
Product information is the cornerstone for any business, but particularly an ecommerce store.
In a physical store, a customer can browse your product offering and come to a decision. But with an ecommerce store, your descriptions, pictures, videos, product reviews, and other technical information are what convert a sale. However, having a compelling description won’t help if your product content isn’t formatted correctly for the platform you’re selling on.
With Magento, you need to have;
- Product names and descriptions
- Product gallery, e.g., thumbnails, images, videos
- Attributes, e.g., pricing, size, weight, volume, color, categories, country of manufacturer, etc.
- Customer reviews
- Upselling, cross-selling
- Product availability
- Product variations
- Product type
- Inventory tracking
- Meta keywords
- Popular search terms
To stand out, you need high-quality images, videos, rich content, and an optimized mobile layout. In addition to that, you need breadcrumbs to make page navigation easier for users.
We understand that product information is a fundamental part of selling and engaging customers, so how do you manage this when you have a thousand SKUs? It’s simple. By getting a product catalog management tool software that is also known as a PIM tool.
How do sellers benefit from having PIM for Magento?
A product content management system simplifies the complex and tedious processes that come with managing product information. With PIM, you stop having multiple places to store your product content, such as Excel spreadsheets, Dropbox folders, and old-school storage hard drives. Instead, you can see everything related to your products in a centralized location.
This helps you;
- Simplify data handling for multichannel management
- Reduce errors and redundancy, ensuring high-quality product information
- Send products to market 2X faster
- Eliminate bottlenecks and improve productivity
- Scale up your product offering with ease
Plytix, on the other hand, has some features that set us apart from the rest.
- Digital Asset Management for various file types, plus we integrate with Dropbox to make bringing your digital assets a breeze.
- Spreadsheet and grid view to make working on a PIM so much easier.
- Unlimited user access—and it's a collaborative tool
- Advanced filtering
- Product completion tracking
- Direct and bulk editing
- Quick export in various formats, e.g., CSV, XLSX, or PDF
- Scheduled imports
- Variation handling
- Product relationships for upselling, cross-selling, and bundles
- Unlimited custom attributes
- Attribute types
- Computed attributes to edit product content with formulas
- Easy integration with ERP systems
- Product families
- Google Analytics integration
With Plytix, you can use URL feeds to send your products to Magento. All you need is a standard plan with our Channels Module to create your feed. Thereafter, import it into Wyomind, a connector that sends your feed to your storefront. Using Plytix PIM and this plugin ensures you have accurate, rich, and complete product data that helps you sell better.
Start sending high-quality content to Magento today!
With Plytix, product data management can be easy and cost-effective.
Not only will you have a tool that helps you edit, update, and enrich your product content as you go, but you can also choose a pricing plan that fits your business needs and your pocket.
Make sure you download our free guide to learn more about PIM systems, or better yet, reach out. Our sales team is more than happy to chat with you about everything PIM-related.